Dogs I Have Loved (or For The Love Of Dog!)

3.14.2005

I Love Anniversaries.

Where do I even begin? I guess at the beginning. Friday, we went to Fado to meet up with some friends. That was a lot of fun because these are the guys that we see at the Mariners games every year. There was some kind of charity head shaving contest where the MC decided that if someone gave the charity $15,000, that I had to shave my head. And I would have done it too, but fortunately or not, no one brought that much cash. We befriended the manager/owner? Ed and asked him for some great shirts to wear in the parade the next morning. We got 2 great shirts with the Fado logo on them.

The next morning, very hung over, we went to the pet store and got some new fish and some crickets for the boys. Then we went to join the parade in Pioneer Square. Apparently, anyone can walk, all you have to do is show up. We walked with some different groups and mainly walked with the Irish Wolfhounds. We walked to Westlake Center and then jumped on the monorail to Seattle Center. We did the whole Irish Festival at the Center and I gotta say: There wasn’t a whole lot there. It was pretty small for an Irish Festival. AND NO BEER GARDEN!?!? That ain’t right. So we got bored and went home to make our own freaking drinks. We came up with a REALLY good recipe:

5 cups ice.
1 cup vodka
1 cup juice
1 ½ ounce raspberry syrup.
Blend the crap out of it and you have frozen raspberry slushies! (We have to come up with a better name)

Then our neighbor came over (I think she can smell vodka) and we decided to have some more liquid courage and go get our ears pierced some more. I got both ears done for the second time and she got one ear’s upper cartilage done. She went first but didn’t tell me how much it was going to hurt because she was afraid I would back out. That HURT! And I am not a wuss but DAMN! It felt like he took a hole punch and just punched two big holes in my ears. But then we went back to my house for more “courage”. By the time we got the three blocks to my house, there were a bunch of people who showed up. So we unwittingly were talked into having a party. I wonder some times if they planned this ahead of time. “If we just show up, they have to let us in, right? They have a bar, they won’t mind.” YES I DO MIND!

The next morning was part 1 of 2 surprises that hubby had planned for our anniversary weekend. We got on the bus and got off in Pioneer Square. I kept seeing people dressed for the St. Patties Day run and started questioning him (“We are doing any exercising?!?!”). Turns out, the DOG SHOW! was here. We got to meet 1300 dogs of many shapes and sizes. We got there in time for the mastiffs and the agility course. We sat in the middle of what had to be 30 of the biggest dogs around while they all cheered on the mastiffs in the ring. The dogs doing the agility coarse were barking while they were running. It was the funniest thing! They wanted to run so badly that would keep barking and just run past the jumps. That was great.

After we got back to the house and took a nap, it was time for surprise #2. We got on the bus and went to a wine tasting on top of the space needle! It was right at sunset and it was beautiful! Such a romantic guy! We have a ton of pictures from this weekend. Once I figure out how to post them, maybe you’ll get to see them. That is all for now. Get back to work.

1 Comments:

  • Ms. Crow...

    You must be the luckiest crow in the whole northwest having a husband like that! I will bet he is quite handsome as well. Enjoy your anniversary!

    The Mick

    p.s. are you related to Sheryl?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home