Dogs I Have Loved (or For The Love Of Dog!)

4.05.2005

I am sorry.

I didn’t realize the kind of time commitment that it took to keep up a blog. I realize now that with everything going on, I will not be able to post every day. BUT! all is not lost. I will still think of you fondly every day. Even if I don’t post, in my heart, I will post for you always.

And now, the news. Lots of things happened this weekend. Friday, the Mick took me to go watch the Sonics beat the Jail Blazers at the buzzer. On Saturday, we went to home of our good friends Sexy Bitch and Curly. They were having a housewarming party to break in their new West Seattle home. It was a lot of fun, especially after we found out the they were also newly engaged! Curly proposed on top of some snowy mountain. It was very exciting! The house is adorable. It is a 3 bedroom ranch on what has to be ¼ - ½ acre. The back yard is incredible. It is home to many a cool plant and roaming cat. Da kid and his parents were kind enough to drive us out to the house. Da kid got to go run around outside and chase the cat that did decide to wander into the back yard while we were all out there. The party was great. There were tons of hipsters mingling with skaters. Very West Seattle. The Mick and I made Lemon Drops for everyone while they lasted. I didn’t realize how good they are! Our own recipe.

5 shots citrus vodka (and one to grow on.)
1 shot triple sec (and a dash to keep growing)
Lemon juice (varies, depending of if you are too drunk to keep squeezing lemons)

Shake ingredients in a cocktail mixer. Rum lemon on shot glasses and dip in sugar. Put a small slice of lemon on the side of the glass and fill. YUMMY!

The one thing I did realize is to not follow that up by good/strong tequila. Bad idea. Just don’t do it. The next morning, I took the Mick to Macy’s (I typed “the Bon” but the computer got mad and fixed it for me). I got everything they had in pastel. Blue coat, blue purse. Purple shirt. I look like an Easter egg. A pastel Easter egg. Very cute though. We went for lunch at the Sunday Morning Bar and started to walk home. We got to 2nd and Pike and ran into CD. He was standing on the corner trying to ignore this man who only “needed $24.50 to buy some shoes for my baby’s mama. And if you don’t have $24.50, I will take $1. And you might be asking why I don’t have a job. Because I only need $24.50.” He was a little intimidated when the Mick and I walked up and said hello to CD. It went from let me try to scam this young looking guy out of some money to all of us with our shopping bags glaring at him. He scampered off post haste.

I did speak with JB when I got home. He and the newest member of the family were hanging out, sucking on a finger. They are doing great up in Toronto. In nine months he got married, had a baby, bought a house and bought a car. And I thought I was busy!

Well, I am off to run some errands and have lunch with Red. By for now!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home